Turning heads at the Batman premiere with her embellished Gucci gown, Anne Hathaway let the golden shimmer do all the talking by playing down her make-up. The 29-year-old actress looked gorgeous rocking a flowy glittering gold Gucci gown with floral embellishments on the neckline. Her makeup was all about her doe eyes that were emphasized with black kohl eyeliner. The rest of the makeup was kept clean and simple using a light powder to empathize her porcelain skin with a light dust of coral peach blush on the cheeks.
If you’ve got a short pixie cut like Anne Hathaway’s here’s how to get the hairstyle she wore to the Dark Knight Rises premiere:
- Work a walnut size amount of pomade into lightly towel dried hair using a wide toothed combed brush and distribute evenly with the fingers, massaging it into the scalp. Some great pomades to try are: Murray’s Original Pomade ($4), Redken Polish Up Pomade ($11.99), and Avena Humectant Pomade ($19).
- To get Anne Hathaway’s cute spiky pixie hairstyle use a small 1 inch straightener and separate small sections of the hair. When you use the straightener bend the ends of the hair outward to create the spiky appearance. Then use your fingers to separate the hair and style it neatly.
- Use hairspray to keep your Anne Hathaway pixie cut in place. Spray hairspray directly onto the fingers and use you fingers to pick out and define sections to add texture. Use Pantene Texturizing Hairspray to give your hair a good hold and lots of texture. Focus on one section at a time.
What do you think of Anne Hathaway’s ‘do here?
Anne Hathaway wore her low-maintenance cropped hairstyle with a dramatically lined eye and soft face make-up. Complimenting her heavily embellished frock, the Catwoman actress showed off her lovely full lips with a rose tinted lip gloss, and added color to the cheeks with a similar shade of pale peach blush. Anne added lashings of mascara and lined her eyes in jet-black kohl, to give her natural look a red carpet boost.
To emphasize your eyes with eye liner like Anne Hathaway, use black Kohl eyeliner. Kohl eyeliner is different from regular eyeliner because it’s made of different ingredients that help make smudging easier so you won’t tug at your eye to much when trying to smudge like you do with regular eyeliners. Also they tend to have more nourishing ingredients. Apply to the top lip and bottom and remember to smudge, smudge, smudge! Finish with a couple of coats of black mascara.Try these great Kohl liners to get Anne Hathaway’s dramatic black eyeliner look at the premiere of Dark Knight Rises.
Almay Intense i-Color Kohl Eyeliner in Midnight Black $7.49
L’Oreal Hip Kohl eyeliner $6.49
Sephora Collection Kohl Waterproof eyeliner $9
Mac Eye Kohl $19
Beat the Heat and Keep Your Makeup From Smudging in with Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finishing Spray
Leave your blotting paper and powder at home! The No More Shine Makeup Setting Spray gives you a perfect matte finish without ever making color look dull or having to retouch foundation or shadow. Leave your blotting papers and powder at home, the No More Shine Makeup Finish controls oil while keeping your makeup in place for 16 hours!
Features and benefits:
- Extends makeup wear for oily and combination skin types.
- Fewer required touchups throughout the day.
- Stops makeup slippage on t-zone and eye area.
- Holds eye shadow, foundation, blush, and concealer.
Skindinavia invented the makeup finish as a simple way for women to keep their makeup looking flawless all day. Each spray uses our patented Temperature Control Technology® which prevents makeup from melting, drying out, becoming shiny, or creasing.
Skindinavia Makeup Finishes hold everything in place while giving you a healthy, natural glow. Never too dry or too oily. No touch ups or blotting. Just you and the perfect look you love.
Tags: Anne Hathaway, Anne Hathaway Dark Knight Rises premiere makeup, Anne Hathaway's short haircut, black eyeliner, Dark Knight Rises, Doe eye makeup, dramatic eye makeup, gamine look, Kohl eyeliner, natural makeup, pixie hairstyle, short hairstyle