I’ve always thought Audrina Patridge was the most naturally beautiful girl on The Hills and her fresh faced photo shoot with no makeup proves just that.
Beneath the layers of eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, bronzer and lipstick lies a stunningly gorgeous woman with naturally dark eyelashes, enticing eyes, and a perfect pout. When she does her makeup, I am always intrigued by her eyes, but her barely there makeup look might be my new favorite.
The 5’7” brunette stunner went through the striking make under performed by xojane.com — the same site that showed us what Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola from the Jersey Shore looks like without her false eyelashes and bronzer in December.
Audrina, who looks just as stunning without makeup as she does with it, says the key to her effortless beauty is taking great care of her skin. She doesn’t get facials or use a tanning bed.
“Ever since I was 11, I started washing my face and really started taking care of my skin,” Audrina, 26, told xojane. “To this day, I really wash my face every morning and every night. I always use a cleanser and a moisturizer.”
Patridge says she only washes her hair once or twice a week and doesn’t brush it all the time to keep it healthy and strong. To get her killer bikini body, Audrina boxes, strength-trains, hikes, swims, runs, plays beach volleyball and cycles.
In her interview, Audrina confessed that on an ordinary night of going out, she spends 45 minutes on her makeup and two hours on her hair.
“I’ll use twenty to thirty products: several eye shadows, three or four brushes, a highlighter, concealer, foundation, mascara, lip gloss, lipstick, powder, lashes…and so on,” said her makeup artist Spencer Barnes of Solo Artists/NARS.
Her hairstylist added, “I usually blow dry it with a round brush and set it in rollers, then curl it with a curling iron, then loosen the curl. Yup. About two hours.”
That’s three hours of hair and make up for a night out! You definitely don’t want your makeup fading out after spending three hours on it so make sure to use a finishing spray like Skindinavia Original Make Up Finishing Spray to hold your makeup in place for up to 16 hours.
How to Look Great Without Make Up
- Take care of your skin from the inside out. Be sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night, and to drink at least 5-8 glasses of water/ day. Both improves shadows and circles around eyes.
- Wash your face twice daily. Skincare is a key factor in looking good without makeup. Develop a skin routine for your face and whatever you do stick to it in the morning and at night.
- Exfoliate. Skin exfoliation is very important to maintain a flawless complexion. Do this at least once a week to remove dead skin and blackheads. Vivité Exfoliating Facial Cleanser is a great one to try with a powerful blend of alpha hydroxy acids(to decongest pores), cushiony microbeads (to gently polish), and salicylic acid (to treat and prevent breakouts).
- Pluck or wax your eyebrows. Keep them looking tidy like Audrina. Having perfectly shaped brows can do wonders for your face by framing your eyes, making them the center of attention.
- Shampoo your hair every other day. Your hair doesn’t need to be shampooed daily. Keep your hair nicely conditioned, using conditioner applied to your roots and pony-tail area daily. For extra shine, smoothness, and softness, rinse with cool water.
- Wear moisturizer daily. Pick a quality one with SPF in it, and wear it every day – even if it’s cloudy or snowy, as UVA/UVB rays can still get you.