The London premiere of “Snow White and the Huntsman” was held Monday night at Empire Leicester in London, England. Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron both look amazing wearing gothic glam floor length gowns, dark makeup and pulled back hair. The two actresses stole the limelight with their perfect looks in sheer black ensembles each. Which one do you think was the fairest of them all?
Snow White and the Huntsman is a dark twist on the classic fairytale and Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart channeled the films’ dark nature with their stunning red carpet showdown. Kristen chose a sheer floor sweeping Marchesa black gown with intricate lace detailing to walk the red carpet in. The design strategically featured black lace panels along the bodice. Kristen accessorized the look with a couple of plain silver rings and black pumps so that all the attention was on her eye – catching gown. She wore sparkly silver eyeshadow and a smoky eye which was the focal point of her makeup look. The rest was kept simple with fair skin and a dusky pink lip. The look was finished off with blue nails with complemented her Marchesa gown to a tee. Her hair was swept back with volume in the front and a knotted loose bun that had a gold chain woven throughout.
Charlize Theron, who plays the evil queen Ravenna in the movie, opted for a black sleeveless Tulle gown which showed off her long lean legs and strappy black heels. Her dress featured overlapping folds of transparent material making it seem almost see through, but was still classy at the same time. Theron accessorized with an emerald bracelet and crop earrings. For makeup, Charlize chose a dramatic black smoky eye which made her look even more striking. She also rocked some pink blush with a neutral lip color. It seems as though she really channeled her evil “queenness” with the extraordinary black smoky eye makeup. Her blonde locks were parted on one side and worn in a French bun, putting all emphasis on her gorgeous face. Not only was her sultry makeup reminiscent of the evil queen in Snow White, but it also matched her gown flawlessly.
While both actresses were red carpet stunners, we just adore Charlize Theron’s dramatic smoky eye makeup. It’s a very striking look for a night out on the town this summer. Here’s how you can get dramatic smoky eyes like Charlize Theron:
- Apply an under eye concealer to the upper lid. This keeps the makeup fresh and prevents creasing.
- Line your lashes: Line your upper lashes with pencil eyeliner. Go for black if you want dark, smoldering eyes. Line them as close to the lashes as possible, making the line thicker at the middle of your eye.
- Apply a light base shadow. Anything with shimmer, especially silver will add a lightening effect to the upper eye lid. Apply this on your eyelids and all the way up to your brow bone.
- Sweep a dark shadow (ideally, in the same color as your eyeliner) along your lash line; start at the outer eye and work inwards, blending and smudging until the eyeliner disappears. Then, beginning at the lash line, use a light touch to apply the same shadow from lash line to just above the crease. Go heavier on the outer corners of your lids.
- For eyelashes, either curl them and apply several coats of mascara, or for a more dramatic effect, apply fake eyelashes.
- Use Skindinavia Finishing Spray to make sure your eye makeup doesn’t smudge throughout the night. The Original Makeup Finishing Spray greatly extends makeup wear, maintains color and prevents makeup from slipping, melting and creasing.