Emilia Clarke, of Game of Thrones, is one hot woman. She is the kind of chick who can pull a Mean Girls and show up in a cut out, bra-exposed tee and we’d all be jumping on the bandwagon the next day. That’s pretty much what has happened after she appeared at an afterparty for the opening of her new play, the revival of Breakfast at Tiffany’s on Broadway, wearing a heavy smoky eye and a punch colored lipstick.
Every makeup artist alike will tell you that Rule #1 of makeup application is choosing which feature you want to emphasize and stick to it, keeping the rest minimal. It’s typically faux pas to wear heavy eye makeup and loud lipstick at the same time because it can end up looking a bit clownish. But, now Emilia Clarke has us all scratching our heads on this one. Her indigo smoky eye and red-orange lipstick is actually super sexy. Yes, it’s a lot of makeup, but the color combination works. I think we have to hand it to her. Emilia Clark proves that sometimes you can wear a colored lipstick and dramatic smoky eye makeup…as long as it’s done tastefully.
Here’s how to do a heavy eye makeup and lipstick combo tastefully like Emilia:
- Spray Skindinavia Makeup Finishing spray over the eyelids to prime them for makeup.
- Line the top lids with black pencil.
- NARS Trio Eyeshadow in Okinawa is a great little eye shadow palette that will give you an indigo smoky eye like Emilia Clark. Start with the silver shade first and blend it well over the entire eyelid and up to the brow bone. Then apply the blue shade over the top, and the dark shade lightly in the crease, making sure to blend thoroughly. Dab the silver shade in the corner of the eyes and lightly under the lower eyelashes.
- Line the top lid with more black eyeliner. And as usual, finish with a few coats of black mascara and Skindinavia to keep the makeup from creasing.
- On the lips use an orange-red shade like Emilia. Here are three perfect orange-red shades that will seal the deal:
- Revlon Hot Coral $7.19
- MAC Good to Go $17
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square $24
When Wearing Heavy Makeup, Don’t Go Without Skindinavia
Celebrity makeup artists around the world have been using Skindinavia Makeup Finishing products for years to help their clients look their best and prevent makeup from creasing or fading on the red carpet. Through all the sweat and temperature changes makeup starts to fade, melt down and become shiny, but SKINDINAVIA is one of those tricks of the trade to keep their client’s makeup intact and flawless. Just a few sprays helps to keep makeup intact for up to 16+ hours.
Tags: Breakfast at Tiffany, broadway breakfast at tiffanys, Emilia Clark, Emilia Clark smokey eyes, Emilia Clark smoky eye and red lip, Emilia Clarke, Emilia Clarke Game of Thrones, Emilia Clarke heavy makeup, Emilia Clarke heavy makeup combination, Emilia Clarke makeup, Emilia Clarke smoky eye, Emillia Clarke, Game of Thrones, heavy eye makeup and lipstick, Revival of Breakfast at Tiffanys