We love anything that’s super low maintenance and can help you hide a bad hair day. That’s why we are obsessed with the colorful headscarves at the Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring runway show. Models’ hair was twisted and pinned up in the back and each scarf was twisted around the head to create a girlish, carefree feel. It’s a great use of color to turn a boring outfit into a fun and flirty one. Plus it’s one of the easiest hairstyles we’ve come across.
If you have no interest in investing in a Marc Jacobs head scarf, don’t just think you can get the same effect from a bandana. The silk fabric of the Marc Jacobs scarves contributes to the pretty, not trashy effect of the scarves. You can get similar scarves at Forever 21. We know we called this hairstyle, “low maintenance”, but we still need to show you how to create the perfect unfussy look for spring.
- Pull your hair back and pin the ends of the hair up, with bobby pins to create a loose messy feel.
- Next, you want to fold your scarf so that it will sit properly on your head.
- Set the scarf down on a flat surface and gently fold it over itself, so that it’s about one inch wide.
- Once you’ve done that, put the scarf on the top of your head, the ends of the scarf on the underside so they can’t be seen.
- Keep the scarf just past your hairline; it will tend to slip off your head if it’s too far back.
- Now gently tie the ends and pull them close to your head, and it may be good to tie a slight double knot to keep the scarf in place.
- You can also use bobby pins on the to pin the scarf to your hair. Try to conceal any bobbi pins that might be showing with the scarf.
Tags: colorful head scarves for spring, colorful scarves, easy hairstyles, feminine head scarves, head scarf, head scarves, headscarves, how to do a head scarf, how to tie a head scarf, how to tie headscarves, mar jacobs scarves, marc by marc jacobs, marc jacobs 2013 spring, marc jacobs head scarf, marc jacobs head scarves, marc jacobs headscarves, marc jacobs spring, marc jacobs spring fashion show, marc jacobs spring runway, scarf, scarves