Brunette beauty and mother-of-three, Jennifer Garner, looked stunning in a figure hugging red Lanvin dress at the premiere of her new film, The Odd Life of Timothy Greene. It’s only been under 6 months since Jennifer gave birth to her third child, Samuel Affleck, and it looks like she’s already back in shape, showing off her toned post baby body in the red number. She looked confident and classy in the Lanvin dress that gathered subtly at the neck and hip to show off her curves. Jennifer’s look was completed with strappy sandals, Neil Lane jewelry, and a stylish pinned up do. Her makeup was soft and featured a light grey smoky eye and a nude lip color, which looked gorgeous with her red ensemble. Perfection!
The grey smoky eye is a great subtle alternative to the black smoky eye, which is much more dramatic and can be too much if you’re trying to keep your look simple. I love Jennifer Garner’s grey smoky eye at The Odd Life of Timothy Greene premiere because it maintains the smoky eye sexiness but looks very classy at the same time. It also looks great paired with anything and you can wear it day or night.
There are a few ways to recreate the grey smoky eye but I think the easiest is by using a grey Kohl eyeliner. To copy Jennifer Garner’s grey smoky eye at the premiere of The Odd Life of Timothy Greene, try our easy to follow steps:
- Prepare the lid. The key to keeping eyeshadow from melting into your eyelid crease as the day goes on is to kept eyelids oil-free with the use of a primer. Swipe the primer across the eye and let it dry.
- Get a grey eye shadow color palette like L’Oreal Open Eyes Pro. This really makes it so much easier to tell which colors belong in which spots across the eyelids – a huge help. The palette comes with step by step instructions for where to put the different colors. If you’re shooting for the grey smoky eye effect like Jennifer Garner, your best bet is the purple/silver palette.
- If you’re not going to use the palette as mentioned above, here’s how to mix your eye shadow colors. Apply a light base color. Then, sweep a light, shimmery shadow over the lids to your brow bone. Blend in a darker color right below the crease.
- Next, using an eyeshadow brush blend in color starting at your lash line, blending up. Make sure to blend color into the lash line so the eye liner disappears. Stop deep color at crease. The key to all smoky eye looks is to blend!
- Apply a thin line of black eyeliner on the upper lid and inside the lower lid eye area.
- Finally, using a grey Kohl eyeliner like place the tip of the liner on your lower lash line, at the corner of your eye, near the tear duct.
- Glide the pencil along the lash line. Color the area with one smooth motion or several short dashes, depending on your preference. Close your eye and place the liner on top of your lid at the inner corner of your eye and draw a line right next to the natural lash line using the kohl. Use short dashes, then fill in the line rather than lining the lid with one single swipe. Line the entire lash line from corner to corner.
- Use a cotton swab to smudge the liner on the upper lid and create a smoky look. Simply blend the color out gently, smoothing away the harsh line.
- Spray Skindinavia Original Finishing Spray 2-4 times in an “X” and “T” formation across the face to keep makeup from smudging, creasing and melting off.
- Finish with several coats of black volumizing mascara and viola, you’re done! Easy right?
- Remember to keep lips nude, just like Jennifer Garner at the premiere. When applying strong makeup like smokey eyes or red lips, put the focus on either eyes or lips, but never both.
- Liner doesn’t have to come in pencil form. Makeup experts know eyeshadows make some of the best eyeliners. To do this take an eyeliner brush, wet it and press it onto the eyelid for a deep, precise line.
- Grey is going to be the new it color for Fall makeup, so we’d suggest perfecting your grey smoky eye now!
Tags: Ben Affleck, grey smokey eye, grey smokey eyes, how to do a smoky eye, Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Garner baby, Jennifer Garner makeup, Jennifer Garner pregnant, Jennifer Garner premiere, Jennifer Garnery smoky eye, makeup smokey eyes, smokey eye makeup, smokey eye makeup palette, smoky eye