There are women who take a full hour getting ready in the morning – doing their hair, perfecting eye makeup, piling on powder and using multiple brushes to get it all done. If you’re one of those girls, this blog post isn’t for you. If however you’re one of the lazy girls who snoozes the alarm clock five times in the morning, and rush out the door, check out these time saving tips for getting ready in a rush:
1. Use your fingers: If you’re in a rush, don’t spend time fetching for different brushes to apply eyeliner, eye shadow or eyebrows. Instead, use your finger. You can use your finger to apply makeup for any part of your face and it’s a great way to feel how much product on your skin. If you blend each item properly, your makeup will look more natural than if you used brushes.
2. Try a chunky eye pencil: A chunky eye pencil is a super fast sultry look. An eye pencil can outline your eye shape, create a simple version of the smokey eye, and exaggerate your eye color. Because thick eye pencils are so thick, they’re also very easy to smudge and do not flake.
3. Mascara brings out the eyes: Even if you don’t use any eyeliner or eye shadow, mascara is a must! It brightens up the eyes and makes you look like you actually have eyelashes. It’s one of those simple beauty routines that takes a minute and packs a big punch. Try Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara for a soft, natural look.
3. Avoid blow-drying: If a time consuming hairstyle is just not an option, simply pull your hair into a sleek, low ponytail or top knot bun. These hairstyles are sophisticated enough for work and make you look put together enough without the time.
4. Nails without the polish: Manicures and pedicures are time consuming. If you’re in a rush and can’t take an hour or two to get your nails done or do them yourself, try nail stickers. Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips are cheap, fun, and come in a variety of colors and designs.
5. Brighten Up: Add some cheek color. Applying some natural blush that fits your skin tone enhances your face and instantly adds a healthy touch of color to your face.
6. Hide Roots: Don’t have enough time to get your hair professionally colored? To disguise your grays try brushing some brown or black mascara onto the problem strands. This will temporarily disguise them until you do have a couple hours to sit in the hair salon.
7. Skip Shampoo: If you’re in a wash, have greasy hair and have no time to wash it, try applying some tinted powder to your roots and it will soak up the oil and degreasify your hair. Bumble and Bumble has the perfect product for this exact problem – Bumble & Bumble hair powder will instantly clean up your hair and make you look fresh again.
8. Use a neutral lip gloss. You can apply it on the go without a mirror and it instantly adds a subtle healthy look to your lips – better than going bare.
9. Wipe it off: Use Neutrogena makeup removing wipes for a quick makeup removal that will also exfoliate and moisturize your skin. It is the quickest and best way to clean up your face without washing, exfoliating and finishing with a moisturizer.
10. Hold Your Makeup: Even if your makeup look is very natural, it is important to keep that natural look set in place. Spray Skindinavia Original Finishing spray on your face. This takes about two seconds and ensures that your mascara, blush or eyeliner in place for up to 16 hours.